Resources – A Morning of Grace
Morning of Grace Flyer
Download this flyer and you can customize the information at the bottom, using a word processor such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
Text to add to your parish’s bulletin for the 12th Annual Women of Christ™ Conference event, “A Morning of Grace”.
Novena to the Holy Spirit
Oh, rend the heavens, and come down, consoling Spirit! that inspired and encouraged by Thee, I may faithfully comply with the duties of my state, carry my daily cross most patiently, and endeavor to accomplish the divine will with the utmost perfection. Spirit of love! Spirit of purity! Spirit of peace! Sanctify my soul more and more, and give me that heavenly peace which the world cannot give. Bless our Holy Father the Pope, bless the Church, bless our bishops, our priests, all Religious Orders, and all the faithful, that they may be filled with the spirit of Christ and labor earnestly for the spread of His kingdom.O Holy Spirit, Thou Giver of every good and perfect gift, grant me, I beseech Thee, the intentions of this novena. May Thy will be done in me and through me. Mayest Thou be praised and glorified forevermore!
Archbishop Listecki's Letter
September 8, 2020
To my faithful Women of Christ,
It is with joy I invite you to this year’s 12th annual Women of Christ conference, with a
twist. The conference is coming to you!
This year’s format was designed by the Holy Spirit after much prayer. God is good! It
will have specific TBD parishes hosting a Morning of Grace (#fillthevoid) on Saturday, October
10 with Mass, Adoration, confession, and three magnificent talks by local priests – Fr. Patrick
Burns, Fr. Jacob Strand, and Fr. Nick Baumgardner.
The Church has always relied on the exceptional gifts of women to nurture and carry on
the faith to our families, parishes, and society. She needs you now more than ever to
be sacramentally strong so the graces can spill over to heal our disordered world.
Open your soul to this unique autumn gift: time to soak up sacramental grace from
Confession, Adoration, stirring talks, and participation in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with
fellow sisters in Christ. The harvest will be bountiful!
With assurance of prayers, I am,
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Examination of Conscience
- Am I generous in the way I live the precepts of the church?
- Did I skip Sunday Mass? Did I try to make the most of it, even if distracted? Did I tune it out and not try to tune back in?
- Did I sacrifice other things for the sake of the Sabbath on Sunday, or did I, in effect, sacrifice the Sabbath for the sake of other things?
- Have I been “saying” my prayers instead of “praying” them? Or neither? Do I begin and end my day in prayer? Do I only turn to God when I’m in need?
- What have I done to increase my faith, hope and love? Do I pray for more faith, hope and love?
- Do I dwell on my worries instead of dismissing them from my mind?
- Do I fail in the virtue of hope by my attachment to the things of this world?
- Do I try to see God’s providence in everything that “happens” in my life?
- Do I try to see everything from the viewpoint of eternity?
- Am I confident that, with God’s grace, I will be saved?
- Do I allow myself to worry about my past life and thus weaken my hope in God‘s mercy?
- How often today have I complained, even internally? Have I been moody or angry?
- Did I put myself at the service of others, or have I used others for my sake?
- Did I show my spouse(children, parents, other family) love in words and actions?
- Did I respect my spouse(children, parents, other family) enough to be honest with them?
- How am I with my children? Am I careful about the example I set? Do I try to build their character, or is my discipline reactive, based on what bugs me?
- How am I with my friends? Do I always make things go my way? Do I go along with them, even in what is morally offensive? Do I initiate or participate in gossip?
- Have I dwelt on what I considered someone’s unkindness toward me today?
- How am I with my employer? Do I make the best use of my time? Do I behave with gratitude for my employment?
- How am I with those I oversee? Do I ignore their issues unless I have to deal with them? Am I overly lenient to save face? Am I too strict?
- Is there someone that I consciously avoid because I dislike the person?
- Do I battle the capital sins in myself? (Pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, anger, and sloth.)
- Do I live my Christian principles when no one is watching? Online? At work? In what I read? In what I watch? In what I listen to? In the car?
- Am I a different person in my thoughts? Do I think things about others I could never say? Or do I strive to live the Golden Rule starting in my own heart?
- What have I done to improve my character? How have I fought against attachments that hold me back?
- Did I send God away and block him out of certain areas of my life – social life, leisure life, work life, studies, etc.?
- “Standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother…”(John 19:25). Do I turn to Mary, teacher of the hidden and silent sacrifice, to be strong in the face of difficulties that arise in my life?